Join us at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany, an internationally leading research institute dealing with the fundamental challenges of artificial intelligence (AI). Our scientists are engaged in the research fields of machine learning, computer vision, and robotics. Together with the State of Baden-Württemberg, the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen, and leading companies from the IT and industrial sectors, we have established one of Europe’s largest research partnerships in AI: Cyber Valley, which is fostering a dynamic ecosystem for technology transfer and start-ups.
You will manage every aspect of internal and external events for our institute site in Tübingen, including advance planning, running the event itself, and completing administrative and financial paperwork. You will help scientists organize and host workshops, conferences, and public events. You will often be expected to attend events to handle local organization. Locally, you will be in charge of all administrative processes associated with event management. Your responsibilities will also involve a close collaboration with other administrative groups in our institute and the flexibility to help with other related tasks when the need arises. The main work location will be Tübingen.
Qualification and skills
• Completed vocational training, higher education, or a similar qualification.
• Excellent written and spoken English and German (at least C1 level in both languages) as well as superior communication skills.
• Willingness to familiarise yourself with the topic of AI.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently and/or in teams on different projects and workstreams at the same time.
• Willingness to travel, both nationally and internationally.
• Strong problem-solving skills and a confident, friendly attitude.
• Desire to provide a high level of service to both internal and external scientists and visitors.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard software.
• Proficient use of computers and web-based services.
• The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, deadlines, workloads, and needs.
• The ability to represent our institute in a professional manner when dealing with complex novel situations.
• Additional languages and past experience in event/conference management would both be beneficial.
Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications. The position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of extension. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity.
The application deadline is August 31, 2019.
Inquiries regarding the application process may be sent to Ms. Jung (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries regarding the job description may be sent to Anna Benzin (email@example.com). If you prefer to send a hard copy application, please address it to:
Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung, Max-Planck-Institut für Intelligente Systeme, Gemeinsame Verwaltung, Heisenbergstraße 1, 70569 Stuttgart.
Please include an English cover letter and an English CV in your application and upload your application as one PDF file by using the link below: