Das Tübingen AI Center sucht einen Head of HPC/AI Cluster (m/w/d, E14 TV-L, 100%, unbefristet).
Lesen Sie die vollständige Stellenausschreibung hier auf Englisch.
The Tübingen AI Center’s mission is to build the next generation of intelligent machines that is widely usable and beneficial to society. We are Europe’s leading research and innovation hub for machine learning with a fast-growing and internationally recognized community of faculty and scientists at the University of Tübingen and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems. The Center is embedded into an innovative ecosystem of startups and tech companies. At the heart of the center is our ML Cloud, a state-of-the-art compute infrastructure with powerful CPU and GPU compute capacities, petabyte-scale storage volumes, and peak performance of up to 15.8 Pflop/s used by more than 200 researchers and engineers. Our ground-breaking research fuels advancements in self-driving cars, health applications, VR/AR technologies, and much more worldwide. Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role As the head of our HPC / AI Cluster, you will serve as the Tübingen AI Center’s most senior HPC cluster engineer and administrator. You will lead and grow the team of engineers and administrators that designs, builds, and maintains the cluster and plan several large-scale future upgrades with the latest AI accelerators, networking and storage technologies. In addition, you will perform technical work alongside the members of your team while collaborating with suppliers, the central administration, and other teams within the Tübingen AI Center.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and grow the Tübingen AI Center’s HPC/AI cluster team.
- Hire, develop, and retain excellent engineers and administrators.
- Administer and continuously advance and expand a world-class AI-focused HPC and cloud infrastructure.
- Establish effective collaborations with researchers, engineers, suppliers, and other teams within the Tübingen AI Center.
- Coordination with the Center for Data Processing at the University of Tübingen
- Help your team members solve their thorniest technical problems.
- Ensure the highest possible level of availability, usability, and reliability of computing resources.
- Advise Tübingen AI Center’s executive team and other stakeholders on compute hardware.
- Write internal technical content.
- Stay up to date on the latest high performance computing technologies across compute, storage, networking, and software.
- Design tenders to expand the HPC/AI Cluster with the most recent and powerful hardware and communicate with suppliers.
- Develop ideas for new cluster extensions and features.
- Support and train users.
- Masters degree in information technology, applied computer science or computer engineering (or comparable degree).
- Have extensive technical experience in high performance and/or cloud computing and complex IT infrastructures.
- Are skilled at hiring, retention, and professional development.
- Build strong relationships across your entire organization.
- Are excellent in writing and speaking English.
- Have many, but not necessarily all, of the following technical skills:
- Linux system administration
- High-performance network design
- High-performance storage cluster design
- Compute infrastructure for machine learning
- GPU compute server and cluster design
- Data center infrastructure
- Technical writing
- Customer requirement identification
Nice To Have
- Have led a technical team.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning.
- A history of writing and speaking on technical topics.
What We Offer
- We offer an unlimited full-time position with salary level E14 according to TV-L guidelines.
- You receive 30 days of paid vacation each year.
- We are growing strongly and offer a vibrant working environment with more than 200 international researchers from all over the world.
- and our regulations are family-friendly.
- We are pushing an ambitious agenda for the future design of our HPC/AI cluster.
- Tübingen ranks first across Europe in terms of research papers in top machine learning and graphics conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, CVPR or ICCV.
- We are located in a medieval university town in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Southwest of Germany.
A final note
In line with its internationalization agenda, the university welcomes applications outside Germany. Applications from equally qualified candidates with disabilities will be given preference. Women are expressly encouraged to apply. In principle, the position can be shared. The employment will be carried out by the central administration of the University of Tübingen.
Please send your application with the usual supporting documents (cover letter, CV, credentials) as a single PDF file to Dr. Georg Hafner (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 7, 2022. Please direct questions about the position to Dr. Wieland Brendel (email@example.com).