The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Stuttgart is looking for an IT Network Administrator (m/f/d).
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is located at the Stuttgart and Tübingen campuses. Our goal is to understand the principles of perception, learning, and action in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments.
- Administration of the entire wired and wireless network on our campus
- Commissioning of new components for the lab environment, the data center, and the administration area.
- Integration of virtualization techniques in the network infrastructure
- Network monitoring, maintenance of the network documentation and organization of the network cabling (primarily fiber optics)
- Co-supervision of the media technology in the lecture hall and seminar rooms
- Completed studies in the field of information technology or e.g. completed vocational training as an IT specialist with relevant experience and equivalent knowledge
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and the structure of networks
- Extensive experience in the administration of firewalls and IDS
- Sound knowledge of switching and routing protocols
- Good understanding of DNS and DHCP
- Certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP) would be an advantage
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented work as well as strong teamwork and communication skills
- Good written and spoken English
We encourage you to apply if you meet most of the qualifications and are interested in learning more about the other topics listed.
What we offer
We offer highly interesting, challenging and varied tasks in a very active research area. You can expect a dedicated team in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training. The remuneration is based on the TVöD, depending on qualifications and professional experience, including all social benefits in accordance with the regulations of the public service (federal service). The position is initially limited to 2 years, with the possibility of a permanent position.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity.
Your application must include a cover letter in English or German, a curriculum vitae in English or German, and relevant references.
The position will remain open until filled.
Please apply via https://jobs.is.mpg.de/4xtyc.
Questions to Michael Hübner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal Applications: Please send applications to:
Max Planck Institutes for Intelligent Systems
70569 Stuttgart, Germany