Our product, Maddox AI, is an AI-based visual quality control solution, which can automate manually performed quality inspection for manufacturing companies.
Our product, Maddox AI, is an AI-based visual quality control solution, which can automate manually performed quality inspection for manufacturing companies. Maddox AI is an asset-light SaaS solution, which addresses those visual inspection tasks that are still performed manually, as conventional (=rule-based) computer vision methods fail. In product development, we closely collaborate with leading AI researchers from the Cyber Valley. Prof. Dr. Matthias Bethge, Prof. Dr. Alexander Ecker and Dr. Wieland Brendel have been researching in the field of machine learning and computer vision for years and are part of our founding team.
Maddox AI is used by DAX-30 companies as well as by large medium-sized enterprises. Our team consists of scientists, former strategy consultants, mechanical engineers, and software developers. We know that Layer7's success is only made possible by our unique team. As we continue to grow, we want to convince the best and brightest minds of our mission to establish Maddox as the modern quality management platform.
- Be an effective leader and collaborator, and lead complex, cross-team machine learning projects
- Work collaboratively and on eye-level with our ML co-founders and ML engineers to develop state-of-the-art deep learning models and novel and innovative machine learning solutions that solve the manufacturing problems of our clients
- Build, grow and lead a top-notch team of machine learning experts
- Own your team’s deliverables and take responsibility for the group’s short-term and long-term strategy
- Define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with other engineering as well as business teams
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Industry experience in building and productionizing machine learning models and algorithms in large scale, real-world products
- Proficiency in Python and one or more popular deep learning frameworks (PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- Experience in full machine learning development and release lifecycle: data analysis, data preprocessing and pipeline, modelling, tuning, productization and debugging
- Ability to clearly formulate problems, approaches to solutions, and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- End-to-end experience of developing computer vision applications from scratch and continuously improving at production
- Experience in leading and supervising a team
- Experience in cloud platforms like Azure, AWS (SageMaker) or GCP (AI Platform)
- Experience in ML experiment tracking and versioning tools like MLFlow, Weights&Biases or DVC
- Experience in ML production monitoring tools to detect model decay, data drift, etc.
Note that preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us started out with all boxes ticked. If some of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk.
We work in flat hierarchies, value direct communication, learn a lot as a team and make important decisions together. At Layer7 you can expect the following benefits:
- Independent work on projects in the field of artificial intelligence / Industry 4.0
- Flat hierarchies, a growth perspective and very good development opportunities
- A dynamic and motivated team with great colleagues (with experience from BCG, IBM, SAP, Cyber Valley, etc.)
- A competitive fixed salary, 30 vacation days and the opportunity to participate in the company's development through virtual shares (VSOP)
- The possibility to work flexibly in Berlin, Tübingen or remotely
- Regular team events
Please use following link to apply and fill out the application form. Otherwise, we cannot consider your application. Thanks!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.